Monday, November 14, 2011

Talking with Julius Caesar. Interviewed by Kalkidan Yimer

           I had a chat with the main role from the upcoming play Julius Caesar. His name is Asner Philemon and he plays Julius Caesar.

-What is it like to play Julius Caesar?
           I just got the role two weeks ago and it's pretty cool being the lead role, the main character.

-Why do you want to play Julius Caesar?
           I intentionally went out for the role of Marc Antony but the casting director thought I'd be a much better Julius Caesar so I got that role instead.

-Why Mark Antony though?
             Because he was a political speaker and I like what he said. A man of his word, a man of action, not a violent man, and I actually respect people who don't resort to violence.

-How does  it feel to play the main role?
            It feels pretty nice, this is my second major role.

-Who is your role model?
            My role model? I don't  really look up to anybody except myself. Not trying to say I'm greater than anybody but there's nobody else I can actually respect but myself.

-What have you learned from the play and do you see yourself as an actor in the future?
            It was actually a choice in mind at the time but I want to be something that I can actually help people in like a doctor. Maybe in older age I'll become an actor.
-Who are your favorite actors?
            I really don't have that many of them but Ed Asner and Sarah Michelle Geller are some.
-Who is your favorite character and why?
            Dracula is one of my all time favorite because when I played Dracula, I had never thought as Dracula as someone more than someone who just sucked people's blood. How he got people and fell in love. Also, his tactics for seducing people with his words.

-How is your schedule and how are you managing it?
             I'm  actually doing well, I have cooking club, tennis, debate. Most of those clubs meet one day a week. I study my lines every day so the production manager never has a problem with me arriving late or with my schedule.

-How is your relationship with the other actors?
           Relationship with the other actors starts off rough, but over time, you get used to them and their antics become something you love and can't wait to see every day.

-What is the role of an actor to you?
            The role of an actor to me is to sell your performance to the audience, capture their love for the theme, for the whole play, to show that acting is not just a hobby but a way of life. It's really fun. And I guess acting should provide an interesting way to relieve stress, just to show your true personality.


JULIUS CAESAR
DECEMBER 1, 2, & 3, 2011
THUR & FRI AT 7:00 PM
SATURDAY AT 2:00 & 7:00
ORANGE PREP ACADEMY
AUDITORIUM
400 CENTRAL AVE. ORANGE, NJ

            I hope y'all enjoy it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment